Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Overwhelmed by Grace

Today, I am overwhelmed by God's grace. I'm not sure how to even begin to express what all this day has brought to our hearts. 

We got an email early this morning that our paperwork had been logged in with China. I know it doesn't sound like much but it is. It's a huge milestone marker in the process and every mom that has adopted from China knows how we sit and we stare at the screen for days waiting for that email! So, so thankful. Now we wait for LOA, Letter Of Approval. We are praying for a miracle on that one. That one will let us know if they are really expediting this adoption. Miracles happen and we are begging for one.

Then after rushing out to the store for last minute items before the holiday I came home and checked my email again and nearly fell off the sofa. I had begun to get a little panicky about the rest of the finances for our adoption. I was holding up fairly well and trusting that God had a plan, but I also knew we owed a hefty chunk to our agency in the next week. There is was. An email that shocked me. A grant that we applied for from the JSC foundation came back to us. They covered every remaining cent. It said, "Congratulations to the Hurst family from the JSC foundation. You have received a grant in the amount of $13,000." Say what!?! 

We sank to our knees next to the sofa and immediately thanked the Lord for His provision. It was He who started us on this journey and He provided for every dollar that we have needed. 

We are in awe of His goodness, His miracles. I have just witnessed a miracle, and now you have too. Praise the Lord tonight. What an incredible way to start Thanksgiving weekend. 

Be Blessed, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment