Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Touring China

The past few days have been a whirlwind of activity and touring. We're just waiting on Simon's U.S. Consulate appointment tomorrow where he will be issued his visa to return to America with us. Once he steps foot off of the plane and onto U.S. soil he will be a brand new citizen! How cool, right?

So, here are some pictures of the last few days



 Our first church service together. The first time Simon heard "yesu ai ni"
Jesus loves you




Chen Clan Academy



Amazing ivory carvings


The art of paper cutting



 Oh, look, Flat Stanley made it to China!




Pearl Market
In which I stole my friends idea and bought Simon's
future wife a strand of pearls which
I will give to her on her wedding day
with a picture of Simon holding the pearls in China
as a little boy.





Playing ball


Pearl River Cruise




 Standard Chinese Adoption photo

Squatty Potty
Ack!
I was begging for Christ to return at this point 
of the journey.
I am also currently dehydrated in my attempt to 
avoid a second use of these things.


Visit to the Buddhist Temple





People, people everywhere!!!





Whew! That's it. Gotta get up for Simon's Consulate appointment
tomorrow morning first thing! 
We head for home in just four days. Awesomeness.

4 comments:

  1. I love that he's actually smiling for photos! He looks really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the pearl idea! Just reading it made me all teary-eyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Just hopped over from Sonia's blog:)

    ReplyDelete