Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Asking

I'm no good at this part. Let's call it "the asking." It has been ingrained in me not to ask. When all my little friends were fundraising for sports or school my family opted not to get involved. We bought dozens of Girl Scout Cookies and gave to Save the Whales but we never asked for ourselves. It just wasn't done. It somehow became a matter of personal pride as if I didn't need to ask for help. I wouldn't ask for help. I have no problem giving to others, but to be completely, 100% honest it's not something I ever want to do.

I even cringe a little every time I go out with my daughter and her "Fly Kids" to let them ask for donations. On the one hand I am so, so proud of this little girl who cried every time she had to sing in a group at church, as she whispers her three short sentences at every door that opens. Tears form just thinking about what she has done for us already. On the other hand my own pride makes me want to huddle in the car and let her do it on her own. I don't want anyone to see my face, to know my desperate need, to know I can't do this alone. I can't.

But that is the truth, I can't do this alone. We can't do this alone. There is a little boy who will die if we fail in this. That responsibility weighs so heavily on our hearts. Perhaps someone else will come along and adopt him, perhaps not. Maybe he would find love in another mother's arms, maybe not. But this mom is fighting so that those chances won't ever have to occur. That if should no longer be a part of his life.

We need help. We are so close and God has given us so much already. We are cutting back and saving every dime we can. Pasta is currently the dinner choice for the next month! But we will never come close without the help of our friends and family. My pride is broken and we are asking, desperately asking for your help. Can you spare $10 or $20 for a little boy's life?

Our next step in payment is due in just a few short days. We need $1500 to cover that payment in full. Soon after that we will need another $2,000 and then we can finally, finally apply for those precious grants and loans. Craig and I have been blessed by so many friends. We have lived in three different states in our nine years together and have made so many friends throughout the years. I know, believe me I know that times are tough. They have been tough for us, but God has called us to this little one and I know He has a plan. We are looking for 200 friends to commit to sending $20 in the next few weeks. Maybe you can't do this but you know someone who can. Getting the word out is half the battle. It's a high goal, I know. I also know God can and has done far greater things than this. Would you consider being part of the community of people that it will take to do this? He deserves to be rescued and he has waited long enough. 200 people giving $20 that's all it would take. Can you help us?


No comments:

Post a Comment