Friday, April 27, 2012

There is Always More Hope

My daughter, Faith said to me the other day as I was mid-breakdown, "There is always more hope, Mom." She was so right. She started her own fundraising campaign and I have been tagging along getting a good lesson in faith and God's miracles. I really didn't think much would come of her idea, but I wanted her to be able to be a part of helping and she wanted to do something so, so badly! This is her idea from start to finish. I only help where and when she asks, which truthfully is not very often. She's an independent little thing...

What God has been doing through this little organization of my kids which they call Fly Kids is nothing short of miraculous. I am in awe of them. It reminds me so much of the story of the two loaves and five fish in the Bible. In Mark 6:30-44 Jesus took these small loaves and fish and fed 5,000 people! I feel like I am watching the same miracle unfold as my kids take their small frisbees and are turning it into the largest fundraiser we have had. It's unbelievable. I watch their faith and am reminded of how God tells us to have faith like a child and I sit and I pray for that kind of faith. They are undaunted in their task. They walk until their little legs can't go any longer and they collect pennies and quarters and dollar bills. At the end of every night when we are adding it up I feel like those disciples must have felt. Where did this all come from?

In just about ten days these kids have collected a little over $500! $500. Should I repeat that, $500. I stand amazed at what God is doing. You can head over to the blog my daughter runs (forgive her small typos and spelling mistakes...she's only 7) and find out a little more about them. http://www.superflykids.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment