Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Rocking Chair

It's funny the things that make us cry. We sold our rocking chair to help raise money for our new little guy and somehow the thought still makes me cry. I was so glad when I told my other mom friends that they understood the meaning of a rocking chair. Their sad, "oh no's" were healing to hear.

It's where I held my babies when they couldn't sleep, or when they hurt themselves or when I just needed to relax. Many snuggles have been cherished there, many wounds have been healed on that chair. I'm not sure if there are many things as nostalgic to a mother as her rocking chair. It represents all things motherhood. You can sit in it and almost feel the tiny babies they once were and remember all their little coo's and feel their itsy bitsy fingers wrap around yours. 

I sent it away with a hopeful heart that letting go of part of my past will give wings to part of my future and bring our little boy one step closer. I'm praying that God will see our sacrifices and bless them.  I'm praying that I will have a sweet little boy in my arms sooner than I think and that God will take what little we have and multiply it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment